As organisations face a growing number of global and strategic challenges, and the need for responsible leadership, good governance and ethical behaviour continues to rise, highly qualified risk management professionals find themselves in great demand.
Glasgow Caledonian University’s MSc Risk Management explores strategic and operational risk in the context of wider organisational resilience. This research-led postgraduate programme is available to study in either full time mode; as part of our thriving international community based on campus or distance learning mode; benefiting from our full support at a time and place that suits you.
Join a leading UK provider with over 30 years risk management teaching experience and benefit from our longstanding links and excellent reputation with industry bodies and professionals while developing the advanced skillset employers need.
What you will study
You’ll become part of a specialist but diverse student community, experiencing a truly international working environment, learning from peers and teaching staff from around the world, gaining real insight into the major similarities and differences in approaches to global risk management.
You will develop:
- the ability to engage critically with contemporary theoretical concepts, strategies, policies and practices of risk management
- skills to apply the knowledge, approaches and methods to address operational and strategic risk management challenges in an international context;
- a theoretical and practical understanding of real world issues, from an international perspective, identifying responsible decision making and ethically driven behaviours;
- a critical understanding of research techniques and methodologies and apply these to an independent research project relating to an appropriate topic;
- personal and transferable skills related to independent research, problem solving, critical thinking, group working, ICT, employability skills and inter-personal communication.
Standard entry requirements
All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. Applicants who are made a conditional offer of a place may be asked to achieve more than is stated.
Typical entry requirements
UK Honours degree 2:2 or equivalent
Academic IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) with no element below 5.5.
Please note: if you are from a majority English speaking country, you may not be required to provide further proof of your English Language proficiency.
International Diploma in Risk Management
Holders of the Institute of Risk Managements International Diploma in Risk Management can access the MSc through successful completion of two 15 credit modules plus the 60 credit research methods and dissertation module. This can be achieved over one academic year.
Other academic and vocational qualifications
Each application to GCU is considered on an individual basis. If you do not have the typical academic entry qualifications, but can demonstrate relevant work experience and/or credits from recognised professional bodies, you may be eligible to enter this course via the University’s Recognition of Prior Learning scheme.
If you do not meet the English language requirements, you may be eligible for the Academic English course.
January & September
Study mode: Full time in UK (1 year) & Distance Learning/Online (2-3 years)
Please contact us to enquire further.GCU Programme Information